To participate, you must pass some requirements and once you updated to GDR 3 Preview, you can't go back to old version. But you can also receive update to the release state version once available later.
- You must have "Phone developer unlocked" OR "Windows Phone Store Developer" OR Windows Phone App Studio Developer Account.
- Note from nokianesia: The easiest and fastest way is you just register at apps.windowsstore.com with your Microsoft Account, that's all. (click "Start Building" on the page and then login with your MSFT ID, Done). - FREE of Charge
- Minimal OS Version: 8.0.10322.71 or GDR 2 (Check at setting > about > OS Version)
- Updates will only include the Microsoft update, and not additional OEM drivers/firmware i.e. this is not Nokia’s ‘Bittersweet shimmer’; users should remain with their current firmware and will not lose it
- You will continue to receive the official update (and firmware) when they become publicly available, so there is no missing out of features, nor will you ever be behind
- You CANNOT REVERT to a prior OS version once you have taken an update via this program
- This may / will void your device warranty
- Do it With Your Own Risk
- Source: Symbian Tweet
How To Install
- Download & Install "Preview for Developers" App from Windows Phone Store
- Open "Preview for Developers" App
- Follow all the steps, validate and login with your developer ID (your registered Microsoft ID at apps.windowsstore.com)
- If done, Check Phone Update from Setting > Phone Update > Check for Updates
- If Update available, download it and install it.
- Wait until all the process are finish
- Finish and enjoy GDR 3 Preview
- Tested on Nokia Lumia 520, Lumia 620 & Lumia 920