Nokia HERE Maps is one of the best Mobile Maps application for your Nokia devices. Since Nokia Maps on Nokia Symbian/Nokia Belle devices, actually we can manage "Favorite Places" or "My Places" and synchronize it easily between Nokia HERE Maps on PC and Nokia HERE Maps on Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8.
For travelers, it will helps to find some Point of Interests and save it to "Favorite Places" or "My Places" from HERE Maps web. After that you just open your HERE Maps Application and Sync it. All your Favourite places will be show up.
There are 2 ways synchronization available, HERE Maps on PC to HERE Maps on Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 and from HERE Maps on Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 to HERE Maps on PC. What you need is only HERE Maps Application on Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8, PC/Laptop with Internet connectivity and Nokia Account.
First, we will show you how to add a Place/Point of Interest and save it to our Favourite Places and sync it from PC to our Nokia Lumia 920.
PC to Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8
- Open Here.net from your PC/Laptop and Sign in using your Nokia Account
- Simply choose a place that you want to add, right click and click "Collect this location"
- You can edit the name of the place. You can create "New collection" for grouping your Favorite places. In this tutorial, we edit the name into "DPS.Blue Point Beach" and add to "DPS" Collection
- This tutorial is for creating new collection and add place to collection. We create "DPS test" and add DPS.Blue Point Beach to "DPS test" collection
- Add a new place to "Favorite Place" and create collection are done. You can manage on "Collection" menu on HERE Maps on PC
- And now we will show you how to sync to HERE Maps App on Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8. First, Open HERE Maps App > Tap option > Choose "Sign In" > Sign in with your Nokia Account
- Tap "my places" icon to show it on Maps. DPS.Blue Point Beach is now on your HERE Maps app. Don't forget to turn on "Synchronize favorites automatically" on Setting
Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 to PC
- Open HERE Maps app on your Nokia Lumia Windows Phone, sign in, and choose a place that you want to add to "Favorite Places".
- Log tap at a place/street > tap the title/name of the place/street > tap "add" icon. You can also edit the name of that place/street
- Your new "Favorite Place" will be synced to HERE Maps web and you can manage it from "Collection"
If you have any questions, you can ask us via twitter or simply leave your question on the comment section below. Happy Travelling !!