Nokia Amber (GDR2) update is expected coming this mid-end of august 2013 for all Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8. We believe the files are already uploaded to Nokia Server and ready to be released soon via Over the Air Update (OTA).
Only for the brave, you can "force" update to Nokia Amber. It is unofficial update that will reformat/reflash your Nokia Lumia (all data and applications will be deleted), Just follow some steps below.
- DO IT with YOUR OWN RISK
- ALL DATA & APPLICATIONS WILL BE DELETED
We Still Trying with our Nokia Lumia 920Success
- Download Nokia Software Updater for Retailer: download
- Install it
- Backup all your Nokia Lumia Content to PC (Photos, documents, music, etc)
- Run Nokia Software Updater for Retailer
- Click Upgrade
- Nokia Software Updater for Retailer will Download Nokia Amber Files from Nokia Server (Approximately 1,3GB for Nokia Lumia 920)
- Wait until downloading process complete
- Starting flashing process, do not unplug your Nokia Lumia
- Wait Until all process finish
If you have Nokia Lumia 720, 620, 520 you can also try for the update. For more information and help, please leave your comment below or simply mention us at @nokianesia